Unity for Game Design
Saturday, Aug 27, 2016
How do you build your own world? Live in a virtual world where you can create characters, give them emotions, and control them in environments you design yourself. This is Unity3D.
the Metropolitan Exchange, 33 Flatbush Ave, 4th Floor, Brooklyn, New York, 11217 (Map)
The workshop uses an on the market game to talk about the fundamentals of Unity3D. When the class is over, you will understand how to import assets into Unity, grasp the Unity3D C# language, and understand both the Unity animation system and particle system. You can make your own game using Unity3d.
What should I bring?
A laptop(pc/mac) installed w Unity3D (the latest version).
If you are windows user, I highly recommend you install Visual Studio. Optional: installingsoftware that can open 3D models (MAYA,3DMAX)
At the end of this course, you will understand the following:
• setup the scene
- how to import online assets into the scene. - manage those assets in a perfect hierarchy.
- master a variety of fundamental tools in Unity3D.
• setup the Player
- understand Input systems (moving the character, C# coding).
- be able to control those animations, when a player is in different states(running,shooting - reloading).(C# coding)
- Camera motion. (C# coding)
- Player particles.
- Animation Eventsystem. (C# coding)
- Take damage and Player HP (C# coding)
• Setup the enemies.
- Build the navmesh( basic AI system). (C# coding) - Take damage and Enemies HP(C# coding)
- Enemy Particles
- Enemy Respawn (based on navmesh)
- How to make lighting maps.
- Alter lighting effects
- Display players HP
- Display enemies HP
- Current bullets remaining
A windows or mac Laptop installed with Unity3D. If you are a windows users, we highly recommend you install VisualStudio as well.
We will providebasic assets for you to setup the scene.